Alaska


                                             Vacation of a lifetime; Alaska


First snack time before the flight. 


We're checked in and ready to go. As a treat we got 1st class tickets out. So exciting. 



Anthony and Elliot were our traveling companions on the trip going and coming home. They had a snack too. 
First class gave me soooo much room I couldn't even use the foot rest. 


What's even more absurd was the fact that I could stand up in the inside seat. 
We finally met up with our second companions for the trip in Seattle. So very happy for this trip and getting to spend time with my boys.


Here is Jeff the first morning in our first stop was in Sitka. We were picked up at the airport and shown where we were to meet the group the next morning. That night the bar next door had a few very happy ladies or maybe just one. Who was laughing through the early morning. We arrived at the hotel around 11:30pm so we went right toe sleep.
We heard an eagle near by and went to investigate. Only to hear the second one in the tree. Then out in the bay were six that Jeffrey saw. So neat to see so many. 


Our first breakfast as a group. Jay and Julie had already been to breakfast and we were back at the hotel waiting for everyone to wake up. The cruise picked up our bags and were to meet them at the gathering location that afternoon. 

Here we are on our way into town to check out the Russian Church. More pics below.
My family so exciting here we are as a group. The interesting thing is I had to catch them together when I could cause later everyone scatters to different parts. That's okay cause the idea is for everyone to have a good time. 



Went to find a bathroom and Jay found a bar. At least I got to go to the bathroom and we met some interesting people. 

The inside of the Russian Church reminded me of when my Aunt Joan got married. There are no pews and the bride and groom go up to the icons on either side for I don't know what, pay homage, I was little so I'm lucky I remember. (The other neat thing at their wedding was the maid of honor and best man held with a handkerchief a crown above their heads, that seemed like it was difficult. )


It was a great trip and I would have been happy if I just got to be with my family at home but was glad we had things that would be available for everyone to take part in and enjoy this once in a lifetime trip.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reframing failure: finding opportunities in not reaching a goal

August 2023